Map showing Lawn Estate which is now part of current day Graceville
The Lawn Estate for sale by Auction on the ground, Saturday 2nd September at 3pm.
Street names shown on the map:
- Laurel Avenue
- Kew Road
- Mortlake Road
Albert Terrace (now Honour Avenue)
The map covers the present day streets:
- Part of Laurel Avenue, Chelmer
Kew Road, Graceville
Mortlake Road, Graceville
- Part of Honour Avenue, Graceville
Date: Saturday, 2nd September 1922
Location: Graceville, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- 14 allotments
- The Cream of Chelmer District
- A pretty spot
- Water & Electric Light available
- Water & Electric Light Mains
- Very easy terms
- £2 Deposit & £1 Monthly (per allotment)
- Interest at 6 per cent
- Villa Residences
- Brisbane River
- Thorpe & Sharpe Auctioneers, Adelaide St
- S & W Railway Line
- Graceville Station
- Being Subs
- Being ReSubs of Sub 3 of Por. 16.
- Parish of Oxley
- H.T. James Litho Telegraph Chambers, Queen St
Newspaper Advertisement - Brisbane Courier - Page 10
Sale by Auction on the Ground at 3 o'clock
THE LAWN ESTATE, CHELMER
Just off Laurel Avenue
14 Lawn-like allotments, the Cream of the Chelmer District.
Take the train to Graceville Station; you will notice the BIG SIGN on the right between the line and the river on the high side of the Railway.
This is without doubt the prettiest spot in the distict; the surroundings are superior, and water and electric light are both available.
The easiest of terms, £5 deposit, £1 monthly, interest 6 per cent.
Call for Plans.
Thorpe & Sharp, Auctioneers, Adelaide Street.