Map showing Memorial Park Estate which is now part of current day Graceville
Memorial Park Estate, Graceville. Lovely Lawn-like Villa Sites.
Street names shown on the map:
- Acacia Avenue
- Waratah Avenue
- Austral Avenue
- White Street
- Park Drive
- Chanter Street
Pro New Road (now Cordalba Street)
Main Oxley Road (now Oxley Road)
- Verney Road East
Station Street (now Appel Street)
The map covers the present day streets:
Acacia Avenue, Graceville
Waratah Avenue, Graceville
Austral Avenue, Graceville
White Street, Graceville
Park Drive, Graceville
Chanter Street, Graceville
Cordalba Street, Graceville
- Part of Oxley Road, Graceville
Verney Road East, Graceville
Appel Street, Graceville
Date: Saturday, 24th April 1926
Location: Graceville, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- All large blocks
- Surveyed on the latest town planning designs
- Every block has perfect drainage
- Rich Garden Soil
- Absolutely the most perfect home sites in this progressive suburb.
- Within 5 minutes easy walk of the station. The best train service in Brisbane.
- Memorial Park Estate practically adjoins the terminus of the proposed motor boat ferry service to North Quay (Queen Street) which should be in running very shortly.
- Memorial Park - Cricket, Football, Croquet, Lawn Tennis.
- Graceville Railway Station
- Proposed State School - purchased by the Department of Public Instruction
- Water & Electric Light Available
- Terms - Only a nominal Deposit Balance by installments to suit all pockets. No Interest for 12 months.
- Local Sketch
- Brisbane River
- Central Station
- Roma Street Station
- Motor Boat Route
- Proposed Terminus Motor Boat Ferry to North Quay
- Victoria Bridge
- To Chelmer
- To Sherwood
- Realty Development Co. Ltd, Perry House, Corner Albert & Elizabeth Streets, Phones 3777 & 7698.
- C.F. Bennett, Auth. Surveyor, Adelaide Street
- H.T James Litho, Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street
Newspaper Advertisement - Telegraph - Page 16
On the Ground Tomorrow!
Selling will take place of one of the finest Estates that could be offered around Brisbane. It is handy to Graceville Railway Station (20 minutes from city); portion of the Estate purchased by Educational Department as site for new school; faces well-kept, modern Recreation and Sports Grounds; surrounded by particularly fine types of homes - a veritable paradise for homeseekers; magnificent views; charming undulating ground; land values must rise quickly - a grand investment.
MEMORIAL PARK ESTATE - Graceville
Sale - Tomorrow; Free Railway Passes; Refreshments Provided;
Trains leave Brisbane Central for Graceville at 1.20 and 2.15 pm tomorrow (Saturday).
Phone or call at once for Tickets for yourself and friends.
This is an exceedingly rare opportunity for investors and home-seekers. Do not fail to be present.
Our usual most attractive Terms offered
Nominal deposit - easy payments of £1 per month - no interest for the first year, and thereafter at the low rate of 5 percent per annum.
Competiton Winners Announced at Sale.
The prize-winners in connection with the Catch-Phrase Competition will be announced on the ground.
Plans and full details of estate gladly submitted on application.
Realty Development Co. Ltd. Perry House, Elizabeth and Albert Streets, Brisbane.
The map also includes the following locations:
- Graceville State School
- Chelmer-Graceville Kindergarten
- Graceville Memorial Park
- Graceville Community Garden
- Faulkner Park
- UQ Junior Bullsharks Rugby Union Club
- Graceville Croquet Club