Map showing Northam Estate - 2nd Section which is now part of current day Bardon
Northham Estate - Upper Paddington - Sale on the ground Saturday 22nd November 1919 at 3pm.
Street names shown on the map:
Main Cooper's Camp Road (now Coopers Camp Road)
- Jubilee Terrace
- Simpsons Road
unnamed road (now Lewin Street)
unnamed road (now MacGregor Terrace)
unnamed road (now Bellview Parade)
The map covers the present day streets:
Coopers Camp Road, Bardon
Jubilee Terrace, Bardon
Simpsons Road, Bardon
Lewin Street, Bardon
MacGregor Terrace, Bardon
Bellview Parade, Paddington
Date: Saturday, 22 November 1919
Location: Bardon, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- 38 Charming Home Sites
- Glorious Mountain Scenery
- Electric Light passes the Estate, Gas & Water Available.
- Terms £2 per allotment deposit, balance at the rate of £1 per allotment per month. Interest at 5%.
- Residence of Dr Alfred Sutton C.B., G.M.G.
- Paddinging Tram Terminus
- Sampson's Store & Post Office
- Electric Cable
- Being Resubs of Sub 1 of Portion 301, Parish of Enoggera
- Cameron Bros., Auctioneers
- R.A. Hamilton & James, Authorised Surveyors, 171 Queen Street.
- H.T. James, Litho, Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street.
Newspaper Advertisement - The Daily Mail - Page 16
Sale by auction on the ground at 3 o'clock.
The Gem of Upper Paddington - Second Section
Adjoining the residence of Dr Alfred Sutton, C.B. C.M.G., within one hundred yards of the Paddington tram terminus, on magnificent elevation.
Every block fronting the main road. North-Easterly Aspect. Glorious Views.
Terms £2 per allotment deposit, balance at the rate of £1 per allotment per month. Interest at 5%.
Call for Plans - Cameron Bros., Auctioneers.