Map showing Mayne Estate which is now part of current day Paddington
Mayne Estate, Paddington, Sale by Auction on the ground Saturday, 24th July 1920 at 3pm.
Street names shown on the map:
- Latrobe Terrace
- Ranley Grove
Patrick Street (now Ranley Terrace)
- Gutherie Street
- Campbell Street
- Hall Street
- Great George Street
- Isaac Street
James Street (now Blaxland Street)
- Heussler Terrace
- Castlemaine Street
The map covers the present day streets:
Latrobe Terrace, Paddington
Ranley Grove, Paddington
Ranley Terrace, Paddington
Gutherie Street, Paddington
Campbell Street, Paddington
Hall Street, Paddington
Great George Street, Paddington
Isaac Street, Milton
Blaxland Street, Milton
Heussler Terrace, Milton
Castlemaine Street, Milton
Date: Saturday, 24 July 1920
Location: Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- 33 Important Residential Sites
- In the well known Mayne Estate
- Close to the Most Frequent Tram Service in Brisbane
- Within walking distance of Queen Street
- Terms: one fifth cash, balance at 6,12,18 and 24 months, Interest at 6% per annum
- Gas & Water Available
- Paddington Tram Lines
- 1d Section to Roma Street
- Paddington Picture Pavilion
- Paddington Hotel
- Methodist Church
- Butcher's Shop
- Being ReSubs 1 to 10 of Subs 20, 21 & 22 and 32 to 37 of Portion 210 & Subs of Portions 203 & 210, &215, Parish of Enoggera
- Cameron Bros, Auctioneers, Victory Chambers & Town Hall
- R.A. Hamilton & James, Authorised Surveyors, 171 Queen Street.
- H.T. James, Litho, Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street
Newspaper Advertisement - The Telegraph - Page 16
Cameron Bros., Auctioneers, Victory Chambers
This Afternoon, sale by auction, on the ground at 3 o'clock.
About 33 Important Residential Sites in the Well Known
MAYNE ESTATE, PADDINGTON
Situated in James Street, William Street, Campbell Street, Heussler Terrace and Ranley Grove; all a few yards fromt the Tramline.
Penny Section from Roma Street.
Easy Walking distance from the City, the only vacant land in the locality.
Terms: one fifth cash, balance at 6,12,18 and 24 months, Interest at 6 per cent.
Call for Plans.
Cameron Bros. Auctioneers