Map showing Isedale Estate which is now part of current day Wooloowin
Plan of the Isedale Estate, Lutwyche to be sold by Auction on the ground on Saturday, July 21st, at 2.30pm.
Street names shown on the map:
- Isedale Street
Main Government Road to Gympie (now Lutwyche Road)
Main Government Road to station (now Kedron Park Road)
- Almora Street
The map covers the present day streets:
Isedale Street, Wooloowin
Lutwyche Road, Wooloowin
Kedron Park Road, Wooloowin
Almora Street, Wooloowin
Date: Saturday, 21st July 1888
Location: Wooloowin, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- The Property of the Imperial Deposit Bank, Building and Investment
- Conveyance free by Bus, Waggonette or Rail.
- Sub A of Part 1 of Portions 192 & 195, Parish of Enoggera
- 1. Cash, less 2 and a-half per cent discount
- 2. One-tenth Cash, balance at any time from one to eleven years. Fortnightly, Monthly or Quarterly payments. Interest at 8 per cent.
- 3. Ninety per cent of the cost of building advanced to purchasers.
- 4. Deeds may be had at any time on paying up in full.
- Local Sketch
- Kedron Brook
- Kedron Park Hotel
- Kedron Park
- Thorrold Town
- Leaver Town
- Lutwyche Hill
- Sports Ground Estate
- Albion Estate
- O'Connell Town
- Eildon Hill
- Albion Station
- Lutwyche Railway Station
- Junction Station
- Primary School
- Crown Hotel
- Bus Stand
- J. L. Bale
- J. Muir Esq.
- J. M. Macrossan
- J. Kob.
- J. Wilmington
- K. Mc Lennay
- Gympie Road
- Simon Fraser and Son, Auctioneers
- Hamilton & Raff, Surveyors
- McKellar, Lithograph
Newspaper Advertisement - The Brisbane Courier - Page 12
Saturday, 21st July 1888
This Day, July 21 On the Ground
Isedale Estate, Lutwyche
on Account of the Imperial Deposit Bank, Building and Investment Company, Limited.
Simon Fraser & Son are favoured with instructions to sell by auction
On the Ground on Saturday, 21st July at half-past Two.
Isedale Estate, Lutwyche
Near the Church and Kedron Park and Lutwyche Station
12 Trains daily
35 Omnibuses daily
Healthy and Dry
Three business fronts to Gympie Road
Eight business fronts to Thorroldtown Road
Terms Extremely Liberal
1. Cash 2 1/2 per cent discount
2. Deposit, one-tenth (?? in the Pound); balance fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly; interest, 8 per cent.
3. Deeds may be had at any time on payment in full.
4. The company will advance 90 per cent on the cost of the building.
That for a moderate rental for eleven years a freehold secured, greatly increased in value.
Conveyances, Omnibuses, Waggonettes from Mart; Railway.
Call for Lithographs.
Call for Railway Passes.
Remember - Saturday, 21st July at 2.30pm.