The Sherwood Park Estate - Section 1 was advertised in the local papers on the days leading up to the sale.
The Sherwood Park Estate - Section 1 covers Kitchener Street (map shows as Railway Terrace), Park Terrace, Junction Street, Lockwood Street, Bute Street (map shows as Station Street) and Oxley Road (map shows as Government Road).
Check out the 1936 Aerial view of the Sherwood Park Estate - Section 1.
More Sherwood information available
- Sherwood Estate Maps
- Sherwood Streets
- Historical Images - Sherwood
- Aerial Photos - Sherwood
- News about Sherwood
Advertisement from Estate Map
A FAMOUS FARMING DISTRICT and PROVERBIALLY HEALTHY; FRONTING THE RIVER, and ONLY A FEW MINUTES from the SOUTH BRISBANE JUNCTION.
Lots of WELL KNOWN RESIDENTS, Viz., Messrs. BERRY, JACKS, MOFFATT, JAMIESON, JOHNSON, also the Honorable MINISTER FOR LANDS (HENRY JORDAN Esq) and MANY OTHERS.
The auctioneer can with confidence RECOMMEND ANYONE WHO WISHES TO INVEST IN A GOOD SOUND SPECULATION TO COME TO THIS SALE as the close proximity of the South Brisbane Junction and the very rapid advances which have been made at Sherwood within the last couple of years, point very plainly to the fact that it is fast becoming a MOST IMPORTANT TOWNSHIP, and land will shortly rise to such a value in this neighbourhood as to almost preclude the poor man having a chance to secure a lot.
Even now owners of allotments in the main street of Sherwood are not at all inclined to part except at a very high price, as they know full well that SHERWOOD is fast coming to the front, and as a consequence Sherwood Park, being almost THE HEART OF SHERWOOD, must bear a relative value, so that NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY.
MAKE NO MISTAKE, THIS IS NOT A PUFFING ADVERTISEMENT.
If there is any doubt, just spend 6d., which will pay your train fare, and have a look around. You must then admit the truth of what has been stated.
Should you decide to come to this sale, CALL AT THE MART, NO. 4 TOWN HALL, and GET A LITHOGRAPH, and any other information required will be gladly given.
NOTICE THE TERMS, WHICH ARE ALTERNATIVE.
All purchasers in Sherwood Park will have a choice of the following alternative terms, and in every case the land may be at once TRANSFERRED TO THE PURCHASER AT HIS OWN COST, subject to the unpaid balance:
1. One-tenth cash; balance on promissory-notes at 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 and 54 months, with interest at 8 per cent. per annum added.
2. One-tenth cash; balance on promissory-notes at 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, and 27 months, with interest at 8 per cent. per annum added.
3. Five pounds (£5) per allotment cash; balance at £1 per month per allotment; interest at the rate of 8 per cent. per annum added. This term only applies to allotments under £50.
4. One-tenth cash; balance on mortgage at any term up to five years, with 8 per cent interest. Interest paid half-yearly.
Balance of principle need not be paid till end of five years, so long as the interest is paid up every six months.
Such terms as the above were never offered in Queensland until started by this company, and this fact, coupled with the transfer at once to all purchasers (subject to charge), which puts the question of title at rest, immediately after the sale, and renders every man's purchase perfectly safe, should be appreciated by all classes of the community.
Stress may also be laid on the fact that the Deposit Bank have paid up in full for the whole of the land, and have the Certificate of Title in their own name, so that the conveyance to every purchaser can be passed at once.
ASSISTANCE TO BUILD, and ten years allowed to repay the cost of such building will be afforded to all classes of purchasers in SHERWOOD PARK.
- First-class Return Tickets to all comers will be issued to Sherwood Park, FREE OF CHARGE
- Remember the Title is perfect, and that the Deposit Bank have paid Cash for the Land and hold the Deeds.
- Remember the DAY OF SALE is NEW YEAR'S EVE, at 2.30pm
- Remember Return Train Tickets for Day of Sale on application personally or through the Post.