Estate Map showing the 1st Section of Groveley Lodge Estate in Mitchelton
Groveley Lodge Estate for Sale on the Ground Saturday 11th May 1918 at 3 o'clock.
Street names shown on the map:
Blaker Road (now Glen Holm Street)
- Blaker Road
Groveley Terrace (now Grovely Terrace)
Main Samford Road (now Samford Road)
- Church Road
Lane (now Vorneen Lane)
Alfred Street (now Ellworthy Street)
- Nicholson Street
Jane Street (now Kennion Street)
Edward Street (now Faucett Street)
- Coorong Street
- University Road
- Blackwood Street
- Kedron Street
Osborn Road (now Osborne Road)
The map covers the present day streets:
Glen Holm Street, Mitchelton
Blaker Road, Mitchelton
Grovely Terrace, Mitchelton
Samford Road, Mitchelton
Church Road, Mitchelton
Vorneen Lane, Mitchelton
Ellworthy Street, Mitchelton
Nicholson Street, Mitchelton
Kennion Street, Mitchelton
Faucett Street, Mitchelton
Coorong Street, Mitchelton
University Road, Mitchelton
Blackwood Street, Mitchelton
Kedron Street, Mitchelton
Osborne Road, Mitchelton
Date: Saturday, 11 May 1918
Location: Mitchelton, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- One of the Finest Estates in Enoggera
- Situated on a splendid Easterly Slope
- Terror's Creek - Enoggera Railway
- The Terminus of the Enoggera Railway
- Mitchellton Railway Station
- Absolutely the Pick of the District
- Rhodesia Hall
- Residence of J. H. Rhoades Esq.
- New Hall
- Groveley Church
- Mr Keylar's Residence
- Groveley State School
- Bone's Store
- Bell's Paddock Military Camp
- Terms £1 deposit and 10/s per month (per allotment) interest at 5 percent.
- Special Concessions will be made to purchasers of 4 or more blocks.
- Being Subs of Resub 3 of Sub 2 of Resub 3 of Sub 2 of Portions 38 & 113, Parish of Enoggera.
- Local Sketch
- Terror's Creek Railway
- Kedron Brook
- Grovely Station
- Mitchellton Station
- Rifle Range Station
- Enoggera Station
- Alderley Station
- Pickering Street
- R. A. Hamilton & James, Authorised Surveyors, 171 Queen Street
- H. T. James, Litho, Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street
- Cameron Bros. Auctioneers Town Hall
Newspaper Advertisement - The Brisbane Courier - Page 9
Saturday, 11th May 1918
This Afternoon on the ground at 3 o'clock
GROVELY LODGE ESTATE
The Beauty Spot of Enoggera.
That Fine Property on the Samford Road, comprising portion of the hill on which the well-known Grovely Church stands.
The new suburb made available by the extension of the Enoggera Line.
New School on the Estate.
This Afternoon at 3 o'clock.
Easy Terms: 20/s per allotment deposit; 10/s per allotment per month, 5 per cent interest.
Special concessions to buyers of four or more allotments.
Trains leave Central at 1.15 and 2.23m for Mitchelton.
Cameron Bros., Auctioneers