Map showing Birdwood Park Estate - 1st Section which is now part of current day Bardon
Birdwood Park Estate - Upper Paddington - For Sale on the ground Saturday 23rd September 1922 at 3 o'clock.
Street names shown on the map:
- Stuartholme Road
- Boundary Road
One Chain Road (now Sixth Avenue)
Road (now Colorado Avenue)
Road (now Stokes Street)
- Fifth Avenue
Fourth Avenue (now Tristania Drive)
- Couldrey Street
The map covers the present day streets:
Stuartholme Road, Bardon
Boundary Road, Bardon
Sixth Avenue, Bardon
Colorado Avenue, Bardon
Stokes Street, Bardon
Fifth Avenue, Bardon
Tristania Drive, Bardon
Couldrey Street, Bardon
Date: Saturday, 23 September 1922
Location: Bardon, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- The Sanatorium of Brisbane
- Convenient to the Tram Terminus
- 110 Choice Elevated Sites
- The Most Picturesque Spot in the Suburbs
- Terms: £1 per allotment deposit, balance 10/s per allotment per month. Interest at 5%.
- To the Tram
- To Rosalie
- Gas and Water Mains
- Electric Light Main
- Mrs Fraser's Residence
- Mr Klaussen's Residence
- Local Sketch
- Paddington Tram Terminus
- Government House
- Bardon Estate
- Bardon Park Estate
- Chermside Park
- "Stuartholme" Convent Sacred Heart
- Birdwood Terrace
- Main Avenue
- Third Avenue
- Fourth Avenue
- Fifth Avenue
- Simpsons Road
- Being Resubs of Subs 90 to 104 of Portion 682, Parish of Enoggera.
- Cameron Bros, Auctioneers, Victory Chambers
- R. A. Hamilton & James, Authorised Surveyors, 171 Queen Street
- H. T. James, Litho, Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street
Newspaper Advertisement - The Telegraph - Page 16
Saturday, 23 September 1922
Cameron Bros. Auctioneers, Victory Chambers.
For sale, by public auction, on the ground, at 3pm.
The Beauty Sport of Upper Paddington.
Situated between Birdwood Terrace, Auchenflower and Stuartholme Road, almost adjoining Bardon and Bardon Park Estates.
The Sanatorium of Brisbane.
About 100 Choice Elevated Sites
All Eastern Slopes, Call for Plans
Terms:- £1 per allotment deposit, balance 10/s per allotment per month, with interest at 5 per cent per annum.
Take Paddington or Rosalie Tram to Terminus
Motor Cars will Convey Passengers from Paddington or Rosalie Trams to the estate.
Cameron Bros. Auctioneers.