Estate Map showing the Breezy Slopes Estate in Cannon Hill
Breezy Slopes Estate, Cannon Hill, Sale by Public Auction on the Ground on Saturday, April 7th 1923 at 3pm.
Street names shown on the map:
New Cleveland Road (now Wynnum Road)
- Keats Street
- Shelley Street
- Barrack Road
The map covers the present day streets:
Wynnum Road, Cannon Hill
Keats Street, Cannon Hill
Shelley Street, Cannon Hill
Barrack Road, Cannon Hill
Date: Saturday, 7 April 1923
Location: Cannon Hill, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- 120 Choice Sites on splendid elevation
- Cannon Hill Railway Station
- Within the radius of Eagle Junction, Clayfield or Ascot from the G.P.O.
- Only 3 minutes walk from Breezy Slopes Estate to the Station.
- Motor Bus will leave the G.P.O. on day of sale at 2pm to convey purchasers to the Estate, Free of Charge & will pick up passengers en route.
- Cannon Hill is the Coming Suburb on the Cleveland Line & is the centre of some of the most Important Businesses in the State.
- Very Low Reserves
- Terms: £1 per allotment deposit, Balance 10/s per Allotment, per Month with Interest at 5% per annum.
- State School
- Picture Show
- To Morningside & the City
- Being Subs of Portion 218, Parish of Bulimba.
- Cameron Bros. Auctioneers
- E. H. Belson, Authorised Surveyor, George Street
- H.T. James, Litho Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street
Newspaper Advertisement - The Brisbane Courier - Page 10
Saturday, 7th April 1923
For Sale, by Public Auction, on the ground at 3pm
Breezy Slopes Estate, Cannon Hill
Situated on splendid elevation, commanding extensive views, facing the main Cleveland Road, open to all cool easterly breezes, and within three minutes walk of Cannon Hill Station.
Terms:- £1 per allotment deposit, balance 10/ per allotment per month, with interest at 5 per cent.
The vendors are determined to clean up this estate, and the land will be offered practically without reserve. All the allotments are Good Building Sites, not an inferior one in the Estate.
Motor 'bus will leave G.P.O. at 2pm this afternoon to convey purchasers to the Estate free of charge, and will pick up Passengers en route.
Cameron Bros. Auctioneers