Map showing Dora Vale which is now part of current day Moorooka
Dora Vale, the Estate Beautiful, for Sale by Public Auction on the ground, Saturday 30th July 1927 at 3 o'clock.
Street names shown on the map:
- Dora Street
- Vale Street
- Clyde Street
- Sinclair Street
Main Street (now Gainsborough Street)
Main Beaudesert Road (now Beaudesert Road)
- Forest Street
- Luxworth Street
Street (now Hansen Street)
- Sherley Street
- Bracken Street
The map covers the present day streets:
Dora Street, Moorooka
Vale Street, Moorooka
Clyde Street, Moorooka
Sinclair Street, Moorooka
Gainsborough Street, Moorooka
Beaudesert Road, Moorooka
Forest Street, Moorooka
Luxworth Street, Moorooka
Hansen Street, Moorooka
Sherley Street, Moorooka
Bracken Street, Moorooka
Date: Saturday, 30 July 1927
Location: Moorooka, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
- 83 Charming Home Sites on the Heights overlooking Moorooka
- Delightful Uninterrupted Panoramic Views extending from D'Aguilar Range to the Border with Sherwood, Corinda & Oxley in the Foreground.
- Electric Light & Water Mains at the Estate
- Splendid Garden Soil
- Dora Vale is the nearest estate to the city and is the same distance from the G.P.O. as Ascot, Clayfield & Eagle Junction.
- Only 5 minutes walk to Moorooka Railway Station
- Note: a free motor bus will meet all trams at the Ipswich Road Tram Terminus from 2.30pm on the day of sale.
- Easy terms £10 deposit, per allotment balance over 5 years at 6% interest
- Note all dimensions are subject to the Registered Plan.
- Note (Beaudesert Road) - Tenders are now being called to bitumen this road.
- Local Sketch
- Yeerongpilly Station
- Tram terminus
- Ipswich Road
- Yeronga Park
- To the City
- Fairfield Road
- Motor Bus Route
- Forest Street
- To the Station and Motor Bus
- Villa Residences
- To the Ipswich Road Tram Terminus
- Being subs of Resub 2 of Sub 9 & of Subs 10 to 12 of Portions 158 & 158c Parish of Yeerongpilly
- J. Smales & Co Ltd, Auctioneers, Albert Street
- R. A. Hamilton & James, Authorised Surveyors, 113 Queen Street
- H.T. James, Litho, Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street
Newspaper Advertisement - The Brisbane Courier - Page 32
This day at 3 PM on the ground, Beaudesert Road, Moorooka
The Estate Beautiful
83 Glorious Allotments (minimum area, 24 perches)
Every allotment high and commanding good views and served by Tram, Train and 'Bus. Electric light and water at Estate. Excellent Roads.
TERMS £10 deposit balance over 5 years at 6% interest for sale as above by public auction.
Note - Free 'Bus leaves Ipswich Road terminus for Estate at intervals from 2:30pm
Plans on the ground. J. Smales & Co, Ltd., Auctioneers, Albert Street. C. 3140