Map showing Brisurban Farmlets Estate - Section 2 which is now part of current day Richlands
Farmlets suitable Tobacco, Pines, Fruit, Market Gardens, Pig, Poultry & Bee Farming. Immediate Possession. Freehold Title.
Street names shown on the map:
- Garden Road
- Orchard Road
- Archerfield Road
- Pine Road
Progress Road (now Old Progress Road)
- Government Road
The map covers the present day streets:
Garden Road, Richlands
Orchard Road, Richlands
Archerfield Road, Richlands
Pine Road, Richlands
Progress Road, Richlands
Old Progress Road, Richlands
Government Road, Richlands
Centenary Highway, Richlands
Acacia Street, Richlands
Yerongpan Street, Richlands
Yugumbir Street, Richlands
Kathleen Street, Richlands
Jemma Street, Richlands
McEwan Street, Richlands
Giosam Street, Richlands
Location: Richlands, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The map also includes the following text:
(Handwritten on map)
- Adjoining Prosperous Little Fruit & Poultry Farms, Public School, Public Telephone, Post Office, are all convenient.
- Immediate Possession. Freehold Title.
- Within 2 miles of Darra Station
- 10 miles of Brisbane by Main Ipswich Bitumen Road
- 25 minutes train run from Central.
- Splendid Train Service
- City Water & Electric Light Handy
- Rich Sandy Loam. Easily worked soil will grow anything. High & Healthy.
- Terms:- £1 down, 20/s Monthly. No Interest. Every Penny Paid reduces purchase price.
- Splendid Opportunity to Secure Profitable Farmlet. Easiest of Terms.
- Being Subs 25 to 70 of Portion 366, Parish of Oxley.
- Scale = 5 chains to an inch.
- City Firms Deliver Goods Daily
- Darra Station
- Main Suburban Line
- State School
- City Water & Electric Light Here
- Sports Ground
- Petrol Station
- Dyne's Farm
- Sparrow's Farm
- Richland Estate - All Sold - Partly Built upon
- Mr Kingston
- Mr Langtry
- Mr Crane
- Mr Carroll
- Mr Brown
- Mr Sharman
- Mr McNally
- Mr Love
- Mr Gillispie
- Mr Victor
- Mr Thrupp
- Mr Murphy
- Mr Watson
- Mr Rolfe
- Mr Thompson
- Mr Borgeaud
- Mr Quaill
- Mr Sparrow
- Reserved for Public School
- Archerfield Tobacco Plantation
- Brisbane Estates Company. 367 Stanley Street (opposite Flour Mills) - Phone J4448 - Managers & Sole Vendors. Brisurban Estates (Sections 1 & 2)
- L. Clement Hill, Authorised Surveyor, 125 Adelaide Street
- H.T James Litho. Telegraph Chambers, Queen Street.
- Number of Children attending School Shown on map
- 17 children not yet reached school age
- School to Government Road 2 3/4 miles
- To School 2 mile
- 3 3/4 to school
- Mr James
- Mr Wynd
Newspaper Advertisement - The Telegraph - Page 14
FARMLETS, Brisbane Estates, 367 Stanley Street, opposite Flour Mills, will start you farming for £1 monthly.
FARMLETS, Brisurban Estate, Darra, close Brisbane, handy station, school, Farmlets £1 down, £1 month. Brisbane Estates
FARMLETS, here's the way out of trouble, grow vegetables, pineapples, flowers, tobacco, Farmlets £1 monthly.
FARMLETS, don't loaf around town. rear Fowls, Ducks, Pigs, grow something. Farmlets £1 monthly, no interest.
FARMLETS, Brisurban Estate is good land, grow anything, nice loamy soil, come and see; Brisbane Estates.
FARMLETS, Pineapples wanted for export, come and grow some. Farmlets £1 monthly, no interest, immediate possession.
FARMLETS, brain our address, Brisbane Estates Company, 367 Stanley Street, opposite Flour Mills, Tribune Street, corner