While doing some research for some of our Estate Maps in Bardon we came across an old video of the Bardon Hill Climb in 1940 as well as these great pictures of the Bardon Hill Climb in 1938.
In reading the newspapers of the day, it seems they called these events "Freak Hill Climbs" and were held regularly in Bardon as fundraising for events such as the Bathurst T. T. Riders Fund.
These Hill Climbs occured in what is now Purtell Park, Bardon.
1921 View of Coopers Camp Road in Bardon.
SLQ image titled "Another view down Cooper's Camp Road towards Enoggera"
On the left is Northam Estate and on the Right is the Jubilee Township.
In the 1887 Jubilee Township estate map, Coopers Camp Road was called "Proclamation Row" and in the 1919 Northam Estate map it was called "Main Cooper's Camp Road". Not sure when it changed name.